Introducing our intro
We've finally got intro music for our show! In classic Justin Vincent style, he chose one of the old songs from his Irish rock band days and added some new sounds to it. His son Jack, sang the high parts and his wife Georgie did the voice intro. The added sound effects came from Justin's game dev library.
The soft launch of the Nugget Bootcamp has gone fairly well. Just over 6% of everyone who tried, it went through all seven modules. This is better than expected, given how most of the traffic came from unqualified leads on a Facebook group.
Mark's done well on goals this past couple of weeks. He's (mostly) stuck to the diet and dropped another 2cm from the waist, and is at nearly $4k revenue for the month! Though Alchemist Camp's true MRR has grown, this month was particularly good due to a number of yearly signups and renewals.
An interesting blog post came up that looked at the top 50 YC startups (by valuation) and what back-end languages they used initially. It was shockingly dominated by Ruby. 70% of the YC startups had a single initial primary back-end language. Those who primarily used Ruby represented 52% of the total valuation, those primarily using Python contributed 17% and no other language passed 3%. Some of the companies near the top of the list are relatively young, too.
Justin is buying a trampoline.
Today's Topics include:
- The origin of our intro music
- Mark's progress on diet & MRR
- Stats from the Nugget bootcamp
- Music albums
- Slider (Justin's Roblox game)
- You never forget your first dime
- YC's top 50 valuations + initial back-end languages
- Income School
- The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level
- The House of Air
- Nugget Academy
Mark's goals for next time
- Keep on the IF plan
- Get two videos published on Alchemist Camp
- Upgrade Phoenix Igniter to v1.5 (lower priority)
Justin's goals for next time
- Get 5 interviews done for Nugget
- Announce the Bootcamp to the 6k email list
- Bounce on the trampoline
Video version at https://youtu.be/CEwiqEX19_I
On Apple Podcasts at https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/reactor/id1500109358
Recorded on 2020-08-26Back